Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

I have a 2004 Nissan frontier that I removed the plenum and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan frontier that I removed the plenum and then removed my fuel rail to clean out my injectors and I replaced all of my spark plugs and gave it a through tune up. I put a new manifold gasket on and I put the two radiator hoses by the firewall back on and the one in the front that connects to the plenum I connected that as well and when I got everything back together and put antifreeze in the radiator it started to leak out just as fast as I was putting it in I have no idea where it is leaking from I cannot see anything but obviously it is coming out and dripping on the ground what is it that I could have done wrong or missed along the way?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

You need to look for a nipple on the block, or make sure you have connected both sides of the heater core, also its possible the intake manifold gasket was misaligned when installed, a bright light, a colling system pressure tester, and a keen eye is what you need to locate your leak. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What nipple are you referring to? Just so I am clear on this. How many radiator hose connections are attached to the plenum?

I'm just giving suggestions where to look when the cooling system is pressurized it will show you exactly where your leak is, if you do not have a cooling system pressure tester, you can rent one from most auto parts supply outlets, you can also go here alldatdiy.com to get any diagrams ,technical information ,component locations for less than $10, they will also keep your vehicle on their database for 1 year should you need any more technical information in the future, they will also allow you to renew the subscription.

Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.