Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have had my 2005 Nissan Sentra In the shop 3 times this

Customer Question

I have had my 2005 Nissan Sentra In the shop 3 times this year and spent over 2000 on it. It seems to run fine for awhile then starts to feel like it's going to stall. If I drive for a half an hour or so it seems fine. Everytime I've taken it in the check engine light goes off for a few months and then comes back on. What is strange is that the car will run fine for a few months and then starts acting up again. I've owned Nissans for close to 20 years and have never had this problem. My car is very well maintained and has low mileage
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help with your questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

can you please rell me what codes you get when the service engine soon light come on ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do you find the codes, I don't see anything but the check engine light and no one has every told me about codes when I have it in to the shop. These problems actually started after I had a problem with my gas tank. When I put gas in the car it would pour right out. I immediately took it to the Nissan dealer and the problem was supposed to be solved
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you can get the code with a scan tool . if you have a auto parts store near by go there they will scan the car and give you the codes .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not a mechanic I wouldn't know how to scan. I am older single lady looking for a solution
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

do you have a auto zone where you are ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest I'm tired of putting money into this car. After spending over $2000 at the Nissan dealership the problem should have been rectified by now. Shouldn't they have scanned it? They changed all the fluids did a complete engine check and I still have the problem. How much more can I do. Are they doing their job right. I think not if I'm still having problems.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

if they did not fix it for the money you pay then on they did not do the job correctly . but if i am going to help you i will need the codes from the car if you have an auto zone where your at take the car there and ask them to scan for code

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

then give me the code and we can go from there on how to get this fix for you .

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

base on what you have told me it seem like you have a blown head gasket but the codes will tell me more

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to get the codes, how much more is this going to cost me? Why didn't they figure out it was the head gaskets when they checked the car 3 times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just researched head gaskets on the Nissan Sentra, I am having any problems with the heat or thermostat, Maybe the Nissan 2005 if just a lemon as I read lots of bad reviews regarding this car
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

not because you do not have a problem with heat do not mean the head gasket is not leaking

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

please get the code so we can move on and get this fix

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not getting me anywhere. My credit card better not be charged more than $38 because to be honest this was no help at all. I could have found this information myself which I just did
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you did but only after i told you about it . you want me to just tell you what the problem is but your not willing to work with me and get the codes i need to tell you what the problem is . there is only two thing that i have seen that cause this problem that your having one a leaking head gasket that is leaking into the cylinder and killing the fire . two a bad fuel pressure regulator with out the codes i can't rule one thing out .

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

and fyi i have no control over what happen to your credit card