rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I live in Kentucky I have a 1992 300zx twin turbo it was

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** live in Kentucky I have a 1992 300zx twin turbo it was running fine I noticed the electric plugs that connect to the coil packs on each spark plug were badly heat damaged. so I ordered new plug ends to do a repin did the first one on the drivers side of the moter at front moving front to back started the car every thing was fine, did the one on the passenger side front. started the car and again all was well. moved to the one behind that one moving toward the fire wall, started it up rough idle I think I got distracted and put the pins in the wrong order. I started to panic an not knowing you need a special tool to remove pins I pulled too hard and jerked the wires out I was able to find a used harness cut a plug off that matched the wires up used connectors to couple the plug on, plugged it in the coil pack but still idles rough. don't know if the used harness I bought came off a twin turbo or an n/a or if it even matters but I am just sick to death that this happened. what should I do to restore a smooth idle
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I feel your pain, the best I can do is give you this diagram for that wiring. I hope you didn't blow a circuit in the computer by crossing any wires. See attachment.

Thanks Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to open your answer I haven't got nothing clicked on it and nothing
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

It's working on my side. Try doing a re-start.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my friend I tried that im so up set right now my blood pressure is up I suck at computers called customer service they asked me to ask you to send that directly to my e-mail in a way that when I click on it that's all I have to do an the answer will appear. I told him if I,m not able to get my answer he said I wouldent be billed. Im sorry for being so computer stupid but I haven't had one that long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a brand new back up ecu for this car and plugged it in and same rough idle so no it cant be the computer