JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

Tires wear on inside since I installed the BC racing

Customer Question

tires wear on inside since I installed the BC racing adjustable suspension and dropped it 2 inches... Alignment is supposedly perfect (laser machine) but tires still wears very quickly on the inside....
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

do you have a alignment printout showing all readings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont have a print out, its a problem been going on for years. I installed the BC Racing adjustable Suspension 3 years ago. And Tires get used up on the inside real quickI watch the mechanic do the alignment and he even shows me on the computer screen that everything is in the greenI was told by another mechanic its probably because the car is lowered and the center of gravity is lower thats why all 4 tires get used on the inside and that it might be "camber" relatedbut if its camber related wouldnt it show up on the laser alighment machine ? he puts these little reflectors on all the tires and a computer screen shows the alignment

did B C give you updated camber specs with the kit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry, I am not technical. I was hoping to get a straight forward clear quick answer, I am tired of paying so much money for tires getting used quickly. Seems I will not be able get a quick answer here.I will close this call and go see another mechanic in person,I dont think I can get answers online

you certainly can lowering a car effects camber and caster, caster and camber will need to adjusted to compensate for the drop, Sometimes the strut towers need to be slotted to correct the caster angle and cam kits to change the camber

Wear on the inside edge usually points to an excessive negative camber have them bring a degeree of positive camber on each side and see if that helps reduce the wear

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you