JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

I hav 2005 frontier with 70,000 miles on it. Heat wont get

Customer Question

I hav 2005 frontier with 70,000 miles on it. Heat wont get warm till I drive it,l think it's thermostat lm going to replace it.also getting nervous about the radiator it's now out of the extended warranty Nissan issued. Should l replace it,& with wat brand radiator
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

are you nervous due to tranny cooler failure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the on the cooler tranny failer

I would just install a after market external trans cooler... This way it eliminates any chance of coolant mixing with the trans fluid... As for the thermostat it sounds like yours is stuck open.. you can pull it and check..But it your at that point you may as well install a new one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How hard is it to change that around (extern trans cooler)

pretty simple the cooler bolts or clips up on the ac condenser area and you make a few new line and cap off the radiator just in case the cooler fails..don't want to lose your anti freeze if it breaks internally

if not I have had great luck with radiators from 1 800 radiator they are good quality and priced great and they will ship to your door. But most major citys have a wharehouse

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I'm going to look into this tomarrow

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you