peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I'm installing a emgine wiring harness in my 91 300 twin

Customer Question

I'm installing a emgine wiring harness in my 91 300 twin turbo, and was interested in how to get it through the firewall, , before when I've done this there was a double hole in the firewall, but this model doesn't have a double hole.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you are installing wiring that wasnt originally made for this model here most likely the hole or path needed for the wiring to go through the firewall will not be present.In this case you would most likely need to drill out the hole you need and install a pass through connection wiring the wires to an after market connector or use a rubber grommet on the hole and run the wiring through it then seal the hole after the wiring has been installed.

If this is not what you are attempting to do here for this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a factory wiring harness, when I bought the car the wiring harness had been replaced, thats why I thought it would be simple. I called the local nissan dealer to ask their mechanic, but he had no idea, said it was too old of a vehicle. I've thought of drilling another hole but this harness has been replaced before. i had to cut the harness to get it out, so I know their is a way to do it without drilling a hole in the firewall, I've replaced harnesses befor but they were the non aspired model and it had two holes lined up in the firewall, any help would be appreciated, thanks, Kenneth P.S. I wad a fire under the hood is the reason i'm replacing this harness.

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete