Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I replace the head gasket now I have oil pouring out between

Customer Question

I replace the head gasket now I have oil pouring out between the head and the block right behind the power steering pump what did I miss 2002 nissan altima 2.5l auto
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you have the head machined before putting it back on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, is there o rings on the head itself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It pumped out all the oil in 60 sec
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

No, there are no orings, but the head has to be machined every time you replace the head gasket, or it will not seal,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to phone call, already thought about machine shop, motor was fine, replacing gasket after rebuild was preventive these are prone to go out. Oil was clean no water in it it is tork to specs and degreed, can't explain such a heavy flow of oil
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

the head HAS to be machined, this give the surface the proper finish to seal, Tim