eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have an Nissan Patrol Y60 engine TD42, VIN

Customer Question

I have an Nissan Patrol Y60 engine TD42, VIN JN1CRGY60Z0-250321. When driving at certain RPM the engine fails and white smoke comes from the exhaust. The pump is a VE injector pump, and they change the most of the pump (gaskets, pump head, and the injectors are calibrated and change the ones that fail). With all of this, the engine keep failing. I live at 2,800 - 3,000 m.s.l. in the mountains. I will appreciate if you can help me with this.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Can you explain what you mean by the engine fails at certain rpms - engine dies, engine still runs but loss of power, engine revs but looses speed, etc

Also, does the check engine light come on

And does this happen whether on flat ground or just going up hills, or any terrain

Please remember that I am not there to test drive it and therefore rely on you to provide as much detail as possible