Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I am a unhappy owner of a 2006 Nissan frontier 4.0 with a

Customer Question

I am a unhappy owner of a 2006 Nissan frontier 4.0 with a whining noise when accelerating..have replaced the idler pulley, belt tensioner, and put a new belt on..still there. Nissan says could be a timing chain guide issue 1400 to repair...vehicle has 62200 on it...any other ideas or should I join the hundreds of thousands Nissan owners in the class action lawsuit????
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

I am afraid the noise you are describing is the timing chain guide issue that you mkst likely have been reading about. You are certainly welcome to contact Nissan and share your thoughts with them and see if there is anything they can do to help you.

Other than that, yes you would be looking at around 1400 to correct the timing chain issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you want to Contact Nissan, you can reach them at 1-800-Nissan-1.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!