Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

My86 Sentra 88000mi was fine.Noticed a lunge on way home on

Customer Question

My86 Sentra 88000mi was fine.Noticed a lunge on way home on take off.then lack of power the next day.Checked tranny fluid.Just passed smog.Am getting code reader today.Dont feel its the tranny itself more an electrical sensor or valve.Any suggestions ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I'd start by checking the fuel pressure with a running engine as if is low you'll get this issue

If the connections to the fuel pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.