Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a 2009 Maxima and the brakes are very sensitive, They

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Maxima and the brakes are very sensitive, They require very little pedal. Also when driving first up there is a thump thump thump noise coming from the left front wheel
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It sounds like it's possible the front caliper or pads are hanging up. This will cause things to get heated up and create the thump sound. Usually it's the pads or caliper shifting with the rotor runout. The only sensor up there is the abs sensor and that won't cause any sounds. I would make sure you remove the caliper and check to make sure both of the slider pins move freely and that your pads move freely in the pad bracket as well.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!