Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Rick, I have a 2007 Frontier 4.0 V6 and auto Trans. The

Customer Question

Rick, Good morning. I have a 2007 Frontier 4.0 V6 and auto Trans. The truck runs fine. However, at 38 to 44 mph, it staggers, hesitates as if it is not getting gas. Does it only at those speed ranges. Has new plugs, air filter and air intake system cleaned. Also # ***** coil replaced. A local shop has had it for two days now. Any ideas about the problem? Thanks, Don
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried driving the truck with overdrive disengaged to see if the problem still occurs? There may be a switch or just put it one gear down, the speed range your problem is occurring in is the lock up speed of the converter, when the internal springs start to fail it feels just like a hesitation or skip