George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier crew cab, and my cigarette

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier crew cab , and my cigarette lighter is not working after using a air pump machine for the tires , never happened before . I need to know exactly where is the fuse is located and if the fuse is good ,?what should I look next.
Thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The 20 amp #26 fuse in the underhood fuse block is for the front power outlet, if you blew the fuse the compressor is drawing too much power for this circuit or the adapter does not fit the outlet properly.

#26 is third from the left in the top row of fuses

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any fuse leveled #26, all numbers end at 25. But I check it all 20 amps under the underhood and they all are in good condition , I only have 4 sets in there . Probably you have a different diagram
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

The under dash fuse block is 1 - 25 you need to look in the underhood fuse block next to the battery and see if #26 has power to both of the testpoints on the back of the fuse. If it does the outlet has a small non-replaceable fuse link in the outlet, if you have power to the outlet connector but not inside the outlet the outlet needs to be replaced and you should not use this compressor any longer.

Click here for fuse diagram

Let me know what you find and how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I located the fuse 20amp. And the fuse is in good condition , next step will be to locate the the fuse at the outlet . If this fuse is not replaceable , that means that the outlet needs to be replaced ?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if the outlet connector shows 12 volts but the center contact in the outlet does not the outlet needs to be replaced.

Are you looking at the fuses or measuring for 12 volts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a visual inspection , but I replaced with new 20amp fuse
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

You need to be sure the fuse actually has 12 volts at the testpoint. You will need a 12 volt testlight or voltmeter to check this.

Let me know what you find

Thank you