Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2005 Nissan sentra 1.8L, about six months ago the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Nissan sentra 1.8L , about six months ago the car shut off while I was moving , but then the car started back up few hours later. and the car was fine for about 2 months it shut off again, and its been shutting off every month , but yesterday the car shut off it would not start back up. the car cranks but no start, so my friend installed a new fuel pump but it still doesn't start , please help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, do you have access to a scan tool to check for any codes? Do you have any other diagnostic tools that we could use to eliminate some possible issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I do not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my friend sprayed some starter fluid into manifold , still didn't start like engine had no spark
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok in that case all I can do is give you common failures for these based off the symptoms, but without codes it's not a guarantee these will work because they're just common issues, not all possible issues. The most common that causes this is the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, they both fail equally often, and either could give you a crank no start condition. Timing problems are slightly less common than that, but enough to acknowledge that it's not rare. Without a scan tool however, it's difficult to say and in your case to accurately diagnose it you would need one that shows live data, so we could see actual values for the cam and crank sensors. I would start there though if no diagnostic equipment is available, replace those sensors and go from there. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your Question.

***** ***** has opt'd out cause he feels he can not help you. Do you still need help with this?

Let me know..

Thanks Jay!