eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra about a year ago I had a problem

Customer Question

Hi Roy my name is Roberto
I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra about a year ago I had a problem with keyless entrance and power locks I changed a blown fuse #37 and worked ok now I have the same problem but now when I replace fuse it blows right away
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Fuse 37 goes to the smart entrance control unit(SECU), located underneath the dash(see attached). There is a short in either the SECU or the wiring harness going between fuse 37 and the SECU. disconnect the SECU and install new fuse and turn the key to on. If the fuse doesnt blow, replace the SECU. If it does, you will have to physically trace the wiring for cuts, breaks, or chafing and repair as needed

Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks