Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Trouble shooting a 93 nissan d21 2wd auto trans.

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please expaling what type of problem you are trying to trouble shoot and also has the computer system been scanned and if so where there any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem: frome time to time the orange light associated with the auto/pwr button on the dash flickers and at the same time there is a hesitation in the movement almost like the trans is confused at what to do. Can't find a auto zone or advanced shop with a obd1 reader so not sure about possible codes. Fluid is new and correct. Level is perfect at warm temp.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The problem is very likely with the transmission and or the control circuit to it but there really is no way to know with out checking the fault codes.