Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Ref: 1996 Altima...following a minor front end impact car

Customer Question

Ref: 1996 Altima...following a minor front end impact car won't start, fuel gauge shows empty? Some kind of cut-off switch?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

There is no shut off like the Fords for the fuel pump. Do you know if you have spark and fuel? Did you check all fuses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is spark, fuel tank full prior to impact. Following impact fuel gauge shows empty and no start. Only thing for fuel pump (in fuse box ) is a marked relay. Is fuel gauge and pump on same circuit?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Where was the car hit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car was hit on right Passenger side. Impact broke lower 'bumper' cover and turn signal. No other visible damage.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Passenger front.. Do you have any codes?