Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

My blower motor made a loud noise then quit, I'm assuming

Customer Question

My blower motor made a loud noise then quit, I'm assuming its bad. But now the passenger side digital temp. light doesn't light up either. Is there more I need than just the blower motor?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

First thing we need to do is run a diagnostic test. It would make it a lot easier to do so if you have access to a Consul scan tool; if you don't, then you can perform the procedure manually - just follow instructions on the attached chart.

Please let me know once you have the test results so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I did that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turning the temp control dials it read 25 in the upper right corner, after turning the fan dial, it read 51

Thanks for that update.

Code 25 indicates a fault with the sunload sensor (top middle of dash); this can either be a true fault or the product of a bad Unified Meter and A/C amp that got burned by an excessive amperage draw from the blower motor (most probable).

If you'd like I'd be glad to send you an additional service offer that would allow for more time to guide you through a systematic diagnostic process - please note you will need basic tools to gain access to these components and a multimeter to perform the necessary electrical tests. How would you like to proceed?