peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Nissan Expert, I have a 2008 Nissan Navara D40 that cranks

Customer Question

Hi Nissan Expert,
I have a 2008 Nissan Navara D40 that cranks but won't start.
Vehicle details follow:
Model code: VVLURVYD40UWGAB
VIN: MNTVCUD40Z0010487
Engine: YD25-(DDT)
Manual transmission
There are for trouble codes in the 4WD system:
P1820 ENGINE SPEED SIG
U1000 CAN COMM CIRCUIT
P1814 4WD DETECT SWITCH
P1819 SHIFT ACT CIR
Can you please advise the troubleshooting procedure?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately my info ddoesn’t list these codes on this model here but one code I do see that sticks out here that will cause the crank no start issue is the P1820 for the engine speed signal.This usually indicates a fault with the crank position sensor/engine rpm sensor with this sensor needing replaced in most cases.I would have this sensors signal tested to see if it needs replaced and if found to be at fault replacing it should correct this issue here.Then if it does start and run I would have all codes cleared out/erased to see if any of the codes come back at all.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,Thank you for your reply.The crank angle sensor has been tested and is ok.Are you able to provide any information regarding the specific trouble code U1000 CAN COMM CIRCUIT for the 4WD System?

Your welcome.

The code U1000 indicates a fault with a loss of communication with a control unit/ecu.If this code is pointing to the 4wd system as the loss of communication this can be due to a fault with no power or ground signals to the 4wd ecu itself or a fault with the 4wd ecu needing replaced.I have seen both as the cause here with the most common being a fault with the ECU itself needing replaced.

This will have to be checked/tested further to see if this is the cause here.I suspect the ecu may need replaced to correct this.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,Thanks again. The 4WD ECU is ok. The 4WD ECU was installed into another running Nissan Navara D40, and the vehicle started and performed normally.I suspect there is a problem with the wiring, however I don't have a copy of the wiring diagram. Are you able to track down and forward a copy of the wiring diagram for the 4WD circuit?Best regards,Lee

Unfortunately I don't have access to the diagram on this model here.I apologize for that.You might be able to get a copy from a dealer or repair center for a small fee.If this isn't an option for you let me know.

Thanks Pete