Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Nissan is clanking when I start up. Runs fine after that,

Customer Question

My Nissan is clanking when I start up. Runs fine after that, doesn't seems to harm engine performance, just annoying . Mechanic replaced #5 coil & plugs, didn't tell me it would or could be a problem
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Is this a Maxima?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 , 3.5 with 140,000 miles
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Most common is the Starter. These starters when they start to go, they either make a weird grinding, clacking type noise when trying to start. Or they don't activate at all or intermittently do.

Would it be possible to get a Video of the engine starting up with this noise so I can hear it? If I can hear this noise I can tell you if it's a Starter or not for sure.

Let me know..