Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Have a 2014 frontier pro 4x. cleaned it with the doors open

Customer Question

have a 2014 frontier pro 4x. cleaned it with the doors open for a couple of hours. the battery went dead. I charged it and it starts, but won't rev. when put in gear it dies. any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you have a battery charger? If the battery voltage is still low it can keep it from accelerating properly.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
volt meter in truck shows battery is charged. consistently starts. engine light is on and traction light is on. Had new tires put on yesterday. I disconnected the battery for 15 min. to reset if needed. still same result
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Then we would need to see what codes you have stored. If you disconnected the battery for 15 mins, that would do a hard reset on the truck.

How many miles are on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did the disconnect after the problem happened. when in neutral hit the gas and nothing happens, rpm does not move
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How many miles are on the truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30,000
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

This is what I would suggest for your issue. First you would need a scanner to see what is going on exactly. A type of scanner that can communicate with all computers. Since you have 30k miles on your truck, you are still covered by the 3 years or 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty. So it maybe something you want to have taken to the dealer to let them correct it for you.

You can reach road side by calling 1-800-Nissan-1. The cost of the tow would be covered under warranty.

Most cases where there is no throttle, that is considered limp mode. You can get this if there is a control unit failure or communication. So this will require more advanced tools to determine and is not a do it your self.

1 last question, when you turn the key to the ON position, does the engine fans come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That means the Ecm is good and the IPDM. So you could be dealing with a Transmission control unit issue. I know there is a reprogram out for these trucks. So that may help resolve part of your issue.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

So at this point, I would not mess around with it much more since it's covered under warranty. I would call the number provided and have road side come and pick it up and take it to the dealer for you. This way the dealer can take a look at this for you and resolve it since covered under warranty.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no guess that's it Bob
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome Bob and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!