Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1985
20625509

I have a 2003 pathfinder 3.5. Air conditioner works fine.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 pathfinder 3.5. Air conditioner works fine. I've had a transmission cooler installed because I'm pulling a small trailer.The problem is heat from the engine is making the inside of the vehicle very hot. Even my thermos in the holder by the P for park gets quite hot. This has never happened before
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

You must have a leak in the firewall allowing the heat through. If the engine is overheating or running hotter than normal, than the inside shouldn't be hooter than normal unless somehow it's getting extra heat entering. Tonite, after it gets dark outside and you pull over or are already pulled over, have someone shine a flashlight either from under the hood pointing all along the firewall and you look for the light from inside or shine the flashlight from inside out and look from outside. See where the hole or leak is and if it's not obvious what is wrong, take some photos and post them so I can look at them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A new piece of info I thought of only to-day that might have a bearing on a possible different answer. The blower motor was changed approximately 3-4 months ago because the output of the motor was causing a switch to short! Andy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that is where I would start then with shining the flashlight. Did you already do that?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.