Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

OK I have a 93 nissan d21 hardbody, its the z24 4cyl, I

Customer Question

OK I have a 93 nissan d21 hardbody, its the z24 4cyl, I drive it everyday... But when driving it once it gets to 3500 rpm an up it spits & sputters & bogs down an you can let off the gas pedal an it will clear up and you can go again.. What could it be the, EGR valve, or fuel pump, or could it have something to do with the vacuum lines, or could it be the vacuum thing that's hooked to the exhaust manifold???? Please help cause i've looked and looked an im stumped. Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing could very well be a fuel pressure concern and the first thing you need to do is to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal pressure on a good working pump needs to be 34 to 38 PSI. Let check this first and we can work from there.