Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2008 Nissan Rogue and I'm replacing the front RH cv

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Nissan Rogue and I'm replacing the front RH cv axle. The old one is still stuck in the bearing support bracket - I got behind it and removed the C clip and another dust cover...I can see the bearing behind it but it's still won't budge out. I removed all the bolts to and slid the shaft out of the tranny but the bracket and shaft won't clear the exhaust pipe. Do you know of anything else that might be holding it in there? I can't see much on the front side facing the wheel. Thanks.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike O. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing I can think of that's still holding it is the small c-shaped metal plate held in by two 10mm bolts that's bolted to the bearing support bracket. If you got those out, sometimes it's easier to remove the support bracket first, then remove the axle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the awd rogue, the bracket plate was removed and the bracket was unbolted from the block. The exhaust pipe is in the way to remove the bracket and axle. It looks to be seized in the bracket....have you seen this before? I've heated, soaked and tried prying and pulling it....nothing has worked. I can't remove from that support bracket. Any suggestions?