Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I've got a 2007 Pathfinder se with the automatic temperature

Customer Question

I've got a 2007 Pathfinder se with the automatic temperature control option. My climate control blower works sometimes and sometimes doesn't. I replaced the fan control amplifier last night. It worked, but this morning it stopped blowing again. Any suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

A common issue with these is the blower motor relay. It's located in the relay box under the hood. I would try changing the relay and see if there is any improvement. If not, then you may need to get a shop involved to check the sensors involved, but again, the relay is a common issue and may be a vary inexpensive fix.

I am sending along a diagram of it's location in the relay box to help.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a bad relay can cause it to work intermittently? I would think a bad relay would cause it to stop working all together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the cabin air filter cause any problems like this?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

A bad relay can make it stop working like this. A cabin air filter will not stop it from blowing. Lack of power will which is why the relay causes the problem sometimes. It's becoming a fairly regular issue on these. Sometimes stopping the blower completely, then after restarting the vehicle taking some time to come on even though the blower is suppose to be on. The relay sometimes makes contact inside, and sometimes not. If I am right it's about a $6 fix, if not it's not a huge investment prior to finding another issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try the relay in an hour or 2. I'll let you know the result.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like a plan.