Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Lost my Nissan Altima 2012 key and fob. Bought a replacement

Customer Question

Lost my Nissan Altima 2012 key and fob. Bought a replacement online but now I am having trouble programming it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Do you have the intelligent key system? Key and fob in one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok,

Sorry to say but you cannot program this without the dealer scan tool. Unless you can locate a mobile locksmith with the correct computer you can't break into the security system and program the keyfob or the key. This is a complicated process that requires first getting the info from the body control module, then it has to be put into the computer to get a pin number to break into the security on the ecm. Then you can program, but need the scan tool to do it.

I hope this helps, I am sure it's not what you want to hear and I am truly sorry for that, but, it's the only way it can be done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

I am reposting this in case you can't see it.

Ok,