eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have problems timing my wife tiida2007 nissan 1.6 four cyl

Customer Question

i have problems timing my wife tiida2007 nissan 1.6 four cyl
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, you dont want to force it as it sounds like the valves are hitting the pistons, or you have a bent valve. If the timing belt broke, then there is likely bent valves due to them hitting the pistons. If it didnt break, then you dont have the timing marks set properly and need to reset them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am sure but the chain never broke i took it all down to change conecting rod bearings and forgot to mark the timing position now am putting it back up with the marks on the chain and the gears but it dont make a complete rev. i dont think my cams are in the right positin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see the marks on the cam but not on the block
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my tdc is up correctly and the cam is position on the bottom lob but it turns all the way anticlockwise but not clockwise
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, at this point to prevent damage to valves by forcing it, you will need to either remove the head and set the cam or loosen the rockers to give valves some play so that turning the cam will not bend the valves.