JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

I have a 2006 Altima which is making a knocking noise at low

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Altima which is making a knocking noise at low speed (15mph) when the brakes are applied. At higher speeds car brakes fine with no knocking noise. The knocking is preceded by what appears to be a humming noise somewhat like a power steering pump which is low on fluid. The pump was check and fluid level is ok. any thoughts
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

have you had the brakes checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brakes and rotors have been replaced. This issue was present before brakes and rotors were replaced. Replacing did not correct this issue.

are the wheel bearings loose? how about the suspension / control arms ad ball joints are they all tight?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check and get back with you. My question to you is have you ever dealt with an issue as I have described.

yes and its generaly a loose suspension component or a loose wheel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I'll check those things out thanks

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you