rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a '11 versa and my trunk won't open

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Most vehicles have an access to the trunk from the back seat by either removing the back portion or through an arm rest in the middle of the seat. If you are unable to do this task, then try talking to someone at a body shop or a locksmith. They will also know what to do.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual release does not work either. When I push the button on the exterior, it makes the same sound it did when it unlocked before, it just doesn't unlock.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Try hold pressure downward on the trunk while trying to unlock it, then pull the trunk lid upwards. It may just be stuck.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck with that, either.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, you may need to go the other route I suggested then to get it opened. I would check with a locksmith first, they're the cheapest.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, and thank you too.

Please don't forget to rate me too:)