Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2007 Nissan Sentra lower torque rod replacement.  I

Customer Question

2007 Nissan Sentra lower torque rod replacement.  I replaced lower torque rod yesterday.  There are thee bolts that secure torque rod. My biggest question is what are the torque values for that bolt.  I have a pdf manual that says 59 ft lbs.  I have a haynes manual that says 81 ft lbs.  Also want the torque value for upper motor mount and torque rod.  After changing torque rod I am now getting a sliding /crunching noise with a hard stop like something is moving.  I tightened torque rod lower bolts to 59ft lbs and upper to 48.  Awful large bolts for only 59 ft lbs. 18 millimeter socket.  Also wondered if it mattered which was up on the torque rod. Both sides looked the same.   The one from parts house was a little rounder than original

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Your car has two different types of engines. Either a 2.0 or 2.5. So that could be part of the reason. What size engine do you have? Also when you say torque rod do you mean the engine mount?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry had to run into town. Car doesnt seem to be doing it now. Although I would still like to know torque values. This is a lower motor mount although my book refers to it as a torque rod.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I have no problem getting you the torque values. I just need to know what engine size you have. 2.0 or 2.5?