Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2008 350z. I scanned the car and i got a Bank 1

Customer Question

I have a 2008 350z. I scanned the car and i got a Bank 1 Sensor 1 o2 sensor. I have replaced it with new one and the "Service Engine Soon" light keeps coming back on. I cleaned the MAF sensor and nothing seems to work. Can you help me out? I have to smog my car and do not want to fail.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What code are you getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jay.I am getting a P2A00 code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1, Erased the code, Did the drive cycle and the light still came back on. I then switch Bank 2 Sensor 1 with Bank 1 Sensor , erased the code, did the drive cycle and light still came back on. The scanner still reads that it is the same issue.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a K&N air filter or cold air intake? Also what grade fuel do you use?

Do you have access to a scanner to monitor fuel trim readings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cold air intakes or K&N air filters. I use 91 Premium gas. At the moment i do not have access to a scanner. i
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But just an FYI, my car is lowered and have scraped underneath my car many times
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Lol.. Well the only thing I would consider maybe with that information is the catt converter was knocked loose and is restricting exhaust flow.

Do you have access to a scanner to monitor readings at another time? I can keep this question open till you get your hands on one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol. The Y pipe is messed up pretty good. I can get my hands on a scanner later on in the evening today. I will head to my friends shop and borrow his scanner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will email you later on when i have a scanner available. Thanks for keeping this question open.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I will be back online around 7 pm EST and be online till 10 or 11 pm. So I will talk to you then

Thanks Jay!