Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

My new 2015 Altima is hard to keep straight at gher speeds.

Customer Question

My new 2015 Altima is hard to keep straight at higher speeds. You have really concentrate and keep both hands on the wheel. Or it will wander from side to side. Is this normal for the electronic assisted steering? It my understanding the steering is suppose to get stiffer and therefore easier to keep straight. Upon research there as been a lot of complaints on this.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to jut answer. Did you take it back to the Nissan dealer and ask them to check to see if the alignment is in specification?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alignment ok. Doesn't pull to one side or the other. Just wander from side to side to side of lane. Unless you keep corrected it. Is this the way all assisted steering does?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

No. It should not be that way and assisted steering is not the cause. I think that the Caster alignment settings are off a bit. Ask the dealer to let you drive another Altima and see if it also drives like yours. If not, then you do have a slight alignment problem or maybe an issue with the tires. It should not be like that, and should be covered iunder warranty.

Chris