Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

My granddaughter has a 2006 Nissan sentra she says sometimes

Customer Question

my granddaughter has a 2006 Nissan sentra she says sometimes her car acts like it don't want to start. her check engine lkight stays on and she says when shes driving down the road the gauges all shut off then they start working again
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

this sounds like a lack of ECU electrical power

so I'd check over the condition and connection of all the high power fuses in th engine bay fusebox and the relays too, check for corroded contacts and cracks

also check that the main battery connections are on tight and are bright anc clean and also check that the small earth connections that run out of the wirign loom and are secured onto the engine with ring terminals are also tight and non corroded

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.