Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My battery died after boosting my remote car starter turn

Customer Question

My battery died after boosting my remote car starter turn but will not start? 2010 Altima
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

What is the car doing exactly when you try to start it? Does the engine turn over? Does the ignition come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turn over yes
ignition dash light come on
just will not start with the remote / turns over great
when i get in, it will start normally with the push button
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

oh you have remote start and that will not work? is that what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after the battery died and i had to boost remote will not start the car.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When the battery dies or gets replaced, the remote start needs to be reprogrammed for it to operate. I would take it back to where you had it installed, they normally do not charge to reprogram the remote for it to work. The remote start is not a factory feature. It is a after market feature.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

So any alarm install place can program the remote start for you so it can work again.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not very helpful / Now i will go pay them
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry. But it is a After Market system. Nissan did not offer a factory Remote start until 2013 model Altima's. There are so many different manufactures for remote starts, there is no way I would be able to know which one you have to help reprogram it to operate.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you have to have it programmed. But that is why it's not working.

Do you have any more questions on this?