Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I had my brake pads replaced, rotors turned and brake fluid

Customer Question

hi, i had my brake pads replaced, rotors turned and brake fluid replaced on my NV2500 because they where WHISTLING every time i hit the brakes.
after the service was done now there is a vibration on the pedal like a electric motor is pumping with no fluid, the front rotors smell like the pads are burning and its taking longer to come to a full stop.
any ideas, suggestions?
my mechanic is trying to sell me rottors but i dont think thats it, because its vibrating pedal while vehicle is parked with engine running
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

He is trying to sell you rotors cause he resurfaced them wrong and they are now so far out that they can't be cut.

How many miles on the truck and how many front brake jobs would you say you have done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First brake job, 40,000 miles.
I dont think problem is rotor. When i crank the truck in the mornings the vibration on the pedal/pump motor is so bad the truck sounds like a diesel truck engine brake, as i go through day the smell of burning pads gets worse. During driving and stopping there is no vibration indicating a bad rotor. The issue is between the caliper and electric asist motor. Is there a procedure to follow when compresing piston to slidr new pads, or should he bleed out the system?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

There is no reason to bleed the system or crack any lines free when doing the brakes on your truck.

If the rotors are machined out of round, that can give you a pulsation when braking. The pulsation could activate the ABS if it's that far out.

With only 40k miles on the truck, you should not need rotors. But if machined wrong, then you would. It is possible to machine rotors incorrectly. If they are not centered properly on the machine when they are cut they would be cut warped.

Was this a dealer or a repair shop?