Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 Altima with non power cloth seats and I am

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Altima with non power cloth seats and I am wanting to swap them for leather from same year car that is being parted out. First, is there a power seat harness already under my manual seat so that it is just "Plug and Play"? Second, if not, what parts should I take from parts car to facilitate thi swap, 3rd, if its going to be a nightmare, can I just swap the actual leather seats onto the manual seat tracks? The power option is of less concern to me than the actual leather
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Is the wiring already, hard to answer. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Not always do they prewire a lower trim level car with a higher trim level wire harness. The best choice is to first off check and see if in fact it is there under the seat or under the carpet available to use. Yes you can install the seat foam and or leather covers as well onto your seat frames. You could also install the power seats and manually power and ground the motors to get it where you want it. It would be simple to wire it up, the seat switch just needs a fused power and a ground wire. Below is the wire diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/08seat.pdf

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide any info on how to remove seats from power frame and install
on manual frame?

You can swap the complete seat assembly, the seat covers and seat foam. You can not swap the frame alone when going from manual to power.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.