Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

I have a 2005 maxima. the slip and traction light both come

Customer Question

I have a 2005 maxima. the slip and traction light both come on. when this happens, there is a clunk sound and causes a jarring of the car. also the car looses low gears, seems to start out in high gear. very sluggish. it seems to happen after about 10 miles of driving and remains that way until the car cools down overnight.
Also I'm not sure if this could possibly be related but the front struts were replaced the day before this started happening.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The traction control light comes on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to know what is failing you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I can try and help you get this resolved.