Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2014 Nissan Pathfinder won't do anything.. Won't crank

Customer Question

My 2014 Nissan Pathfinder won't do anything.. Won't crank the only light that come on is break light and horn.. Could this be anti theft system? I'm lost
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Does the head lights turn on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like maybe the ignition may have been double tapped. Did you try to jump start the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didnt work
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you hold the remote over the start button ( Nissan Logo Part of the remote ) and press the start button, does the ignition come on if you press it while the remote is over the start button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didnt work
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How many miles do you have on the car?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a volt meter also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20k
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Volt Meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything lit up exc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Except for the part of the left side
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean everything lite up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VoLT were ok.. Checked all the fuses and part of the left side didn't light up
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Fuses won't get power unless the ignition comes on. Which doesn't sound like what it's doing. If you put the volt meter at the battery terminals, what are you reading as far as voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's at full power.. I was wondering if the anti theft system can cause this problem
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

No, it does not act like this. If you tried Jump Starting the car and it did not help, and you held the remote over the start button and tried, and that did not work. It sounds like it would need to go to the dealer.

Since the car is under warranty if you call 1-800-Nissan1 and ask for road side assistance, they will come pick up the truck for you at no cost since it's under full warranty.

I have one thing we can try. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then reconnect it. Then see if it returns back to normal operation. Other wise, if that doesn't work, it will have to go to the dealer.

Let me know how you make out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What will that possibly do
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is considered a hard reset. Sometimes since there are so many computers in the truck. If it's jammed up, a hard reset would resolve the issue.