Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

In the last 6 months my 2005 murano sounds like a semi truck

Customer Question

In the last 6 months my 2005 murano sounds like a semi truck engine. It has gotten louder but seems to run ok; it does burn a little oil. Any ideas why the engine is so loud? The dealer told me it was just cold and would be less noisy when the engine warmed up. It is still noisy when it's warm.
Thanks!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Based on your description, it sounds like you may have a exhaust leak. A exhaust leak will make the engine sound louder and yet the engine will still run smooth. So I would recommend you have the exhaust checked for your noise.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!