Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 1997 Nissan pickup 4x4. It has manual locking hubs.

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Nissan pickup 4x4. It has manual locking hubs. When you lock the hubs and engage the four wheel shift inside the cab, the front wheels will not pull. What can I do to get it to work properly.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Most likely the Manual Hubs are broken and not locking. Normally I would put the truck on the lift and lock the hubs and start the truck and put it in gear to see if the hubs are locking properly. It's been a while since I have worked on one of these older trucks. But I do recall the internal drive clutch that engages the axle is what fails in the hubs. So the hubs would need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!