Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Well, i have 2009 nissan murano that is having electrical

Customer Question

Well, i have 2009 nissan murano that is having electrical problems. New battery. alternator and starter checking out fine. but over last 1 month have had to have it jumped 3 times. At first thought it was operator error. Maybe left lights on. Then yesterday had it jumped started up multiple times after it was jumped. Then parked it for couple hours and i made sure everything was off but battery was completely dead. Then connected cables nothing. Then randomly when negative cable was moved around interior lights would come on it would recognize key hit start everything would cut off. Take neg cable off put back on interior lights horn driving lights radio would cut on but when hit the start button to start car and it would not start and everything would die. Remove/replace cable to neg battery cable everything cut on attempt to start and everything shuts down. Any advice would be appreciated
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i say cable i mean jumper cable not battery cable attached to battery. Sorry im am probably causing some confusion because i dont know appropriate terms!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

This sounds like a poor battery connection issue. Try this. Turn the head lights on and loosen and twist the negative battery cable. When the lights come on, Then tighten it down in it's slightly different position and see if that works.

Let me know.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jay. My car of course died while I was out and I am now at home. I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Do you think it could just be a poor connection that is causing the battery to repeatedly die. I was hoping to get it to start just so I could drive it to a mechanic and have it checked and avoid a towing fee.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

It could have a electrical draw killing the battery. But the description you are giving me how power goes out, that is a battery connection issue.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Lets play with the battery cable tomorrow. See how that goes. I should be around if you have more questions on this if needed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great! That would be awesome if it is that simple! Fingers crossed:) thanks for your help
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.. Talk to you tomorrow

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see how you are making out?