Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Nissan/Datsun Sentra: 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8L. Extremely hard

Customer Question

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8L. Extremely hard to start when cold, or sits for more than 3 hours. Runs very rough for about 3-5 minutes when it finally starts. Once it runs it works great and starts great until it gets to sit for a few hours. Changes spark plugs, tested coils, replaced camshaft position sensor, cleaned grounds on back of intake manifold. No change. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we've already spent $400.00 at various mechanics and still no one seems to know what to do.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi my name is ***** ***** i will help with your questions
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
did your mechanic check the head gasket for leaks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He did compression tests on all four cylinders and they were fine.

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
run this test , start the engine drive the car let it get hot then remove all the spark plugs and put a coolant system pressure tester on the radiator and pump it to 20 psi let it set for two hours then get the cylinder for coolant if you have coolant the head gasket is leaking. base on the symptom you give this is the most likely cause of the problem your having .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I'll let you know what we find out.

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
your welcome please rate the service before you go thanks.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi i see you did not rate the service can you please come back and do so as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.