Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Have a 2004 Nissan quest that has the main timing chain off,

Customer Question

have a 2004 Nissan quest that has the main timing chain off, the two valve chains are intact. I'm at TDC on # ***** They said they heard a bussing noise when they removed the main chain. I'm assuming the Front variable timing (right side facing right fender) tension has slipped. need to know how to properly set the valves to not contact the piston after replacing main chain at TDC. timing marks to go by or can you provide valve lobe placement to ensure this. Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnW2NclDbi0

Here is a video that shows how to set the chains and where all the timing marks should be to properly aligh your chains.