Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

What are the indicators leak in your exhaust? A few years

Customer Question

What are the indicators for a leak in your exhaust? A few years ago I had one in my 2001 Acura Integra. Knowing the deadly reprecussions, it has left me worried when it comes to cars. Now I just bought a pre-owned 2009 Nissan Murano. The SUV runs a little loud and I got it from a used car lot so I am a little worried it has a leak in the exhaust. I am getting it checked out tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's normal or not, I feel like the car lot wouldn't sell it to me if it had any serious issues. But I am wondering, what are the tell-tale indicators? Are there any notifications to look for on the dash?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

Loud exhaust exhaust odor in the car arde the basic signs... Most exhaust shops perform free exhaust inspections