Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I want to remove my instrument cluster (to overlay faces) in

Customer Question

I want to remove my instrument cluster (to overlay white faces) in my '03 Xterra. what are the first steps?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

First you will need to remove the lower instrument panel cover below the steering column. There are only a couple of screws at the bottom, the top is clipped in. So, remove them and then pop the top out and set it aside. Next, you will need to pull the trim from around the instrument cluster. 2 screws I think on the top and a couple on the bottom and the trim should come out. Lower the tilt wheel as far as you can and access the 4 screws that hold the cluster in place. Remove them and pull the cluster out as far as you can and get the wiring connectors disconnected. After that carefully pull the cluster the rest of the way out and remove the screws that hold the clear bezal in place. After that, you should be able to put your white face on it.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!