Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,
29331485

I have a 1997 2.4 4cylinder Nissan xe pickup 2wheel drive

Customer Question

I have a 1997 2.4 4cylinder Nissan xe pickup 2wheel drive with a code p1445 put a new purge vaporcanister valve but the service engine light came back on what the same code.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

If you replace the EVAP Purge Volume Control Valve, then please check the vacuum hose connection are good and correctly routed .

Check and make sure you did replace the right valve as there is another one next to it on some vehicles

Check the wiring connections are also good and follow the wiring harness and check for any damage .

under the hood is a vacuum diagram, check this is as the route you have on the engine .

Another issue i've seen is in some cases the vacuum hose are blocked up with foreign objects ..

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.

IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg, where is the other vapor purge canister located. I check the one that's located on top by the fuse box setting on top of the fender well!
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Check the test sheet and get back to me if needed .

Rgds Greg