peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

We bought a 1986.5 D21 Nissan pickup not running. We thought

Customer Question

We bought a 1986.5 D21 Nissan pickup not running. We thought it was the carb/inject and had it rebuilt for $700 that didnt fix problem. We had the EMC modulte mail off for repairs it came back that didnt work.Send back to repairs and they couldnt find anything wrong. The oxygen converter has been changed and the wiring harness and been check out and its fine. We dont know what else to do. We were told to get the EMC out of same model truck a running truck and see it that the problem. Our mechanic has given up. we now have over $ 1700 in parts and no running truck. Now we found out the timing chain is bad. Help we dont know what to do. We wanted to get a truck for our son to drive to school.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there is a fault with the timing chain or timing components this needs repaired.I have seen in several cases with the timing being off that will cause this type of fault here and the timing components that are affected after they are replaced may correct this issue.If you have not had this done I would have this done here as well as check and make sure no valves are damaged due to timing component failure and see if this corrects the fault here.If this does not correct the fault let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.