Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My name is ***** *****. I just had the tire pressure sensor

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I just had the tire pressure sensor replaced on one of my tires and now the light is blinking on and staying on. The replacement occurred today.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My tire was losing air for over one week, I was putting air in the tire every couple of days. Yesterday when air was put in the tire you could hear air escaping from the tire. Took it to a repair shop and they could not do anything with it yesterday and asked that I return today which I did. This mornig the tire was flat. Took to the shop and the pressure sensor was replaced. Drove about 20 miles the light was flashing and then it stayed on. hopefully you understand. I want to know whyis the light on again do I run the risk of another flat tire.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Have you checked all your Tire pressures to see if any are low?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What are all your tire pressures at around?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. That is good. They must not have programmed the sensor to the vehicle.

I would take it back to the place that did the install of the sensor. They may have installed a incorrect sensor, or they forgot to program it to cause the tire light to come on.

The tire light would normally come on if tire pressures reach 27 psi.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a particular sensor that specifically needed to be installed? I mean a certain name brand.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what kind of sensor they installed and even if it is compatibly programmable to your car.

When you install a new tire pressure sensor, all the tire pressure sensors need to be reprogrammed to the car. You can't just program one. That is not how the system works.