Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

I just rebuilt the engine in my 93 nissan pickup. It has a

Customer Question

I just rebuilt the engine in my 93 nissan pickup. It has a 2.4 ka24e engine. When I cranked it up it rocked for a while and began to smoke from what looked like the exaust side of the engine, and when I give it gas it shuts down. What is wrong with it?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. When it shuts down you are going to need to determine which one of these signal you are loosing, post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the plugs are new the wires are new, so how do i check the other two?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Even with new spark plugs you need to make sure you have spark to them , pull one of the wires off and hold it about 1/2 inch from a good ground and crank the engine over, if you have spark you should see it jump to the ground. You can check injector pulse with a standard 12 volt test light by placing the test end on the power wire at the injector connector and the ground end on the other wire and then crank the engine over, if you have pulse, the light will flash. To check fuel pressure you need to install a fuel pressure gauge the fuel supply line and read the pressure.