Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

My Nissan just died, I've got power inside, locks work,

Customer Question

My Nissan just died, I've got power inside, locks work, interior lights etc, but nothing in the dash. I turn it over but nothing. I've tried jumping the battery but still nothing. I don't think it's a battery issue
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the engine is cranking over on its own then you are likely correct and the battery is likely not the problem. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these this as well as scanning the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting and post back with the results we can work from there to try and get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when I turn the key, no sound at all... I have none of the tools you mentioned, I'm just a regular car owner... Im thinking it has something to do with the security.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You may be right, is your theft light flashing, have you tried using your spare key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just having it towed to the dealer thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, unfortunately sometimes that the best idea. Good luck and thank you as well.